Monday, April 22, 2013

Digging Myself Out of a Rut with FastDraft & Monday Fortune Cookie 4/22/13

BRING OUT THE BEST IN YOURSELF, EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO FAKE IT.

SNARKY RESPONSE: Yeah, no one'll see through that! It's all about aspirations with an emphasis on the first syllable, eh? 


Bring out the best in yourself, even if you have to fake it.

Actually, it's not bad advice. And aspiring to be more than you fear you truly are is the first step toward becoming exactly what you desire.

I'm going to be pushing myself to bring out my best effort over the next two weeks. A friend of mine, Alexa Day (you met her a few weeks ago, remember? Taking The Scientific Approach? ILLICIT IMPULSE - Blog Post dated 4/5/13) is doing another Fast Draft, and I'm going to tag along. I believe the target is 5,000 words per day for 2 weeks. I'm not off to a good start, having had to spend the day in the yard with hubby. However, I will pound out some words tonight and do serious make-up writing tomorrow.

I hear Alexa's off to a fantastic start and I look forward to tracking her progress via her facebook Author Page - Alexa Day Author Page

I've been in a bit of a rut lately, and I'm hopeful that Fast Draft will help to pull me out. Putting a goal out there is the first step to holding myself accountable for my writing. It's a steep daily word count, but a challenge isn't a challenge if it's not tough, right? I'll be reporting on my progress via facebook as well - Denise Golinowski/Author

Booyah!


2 comments:

  1. Hey, neighbor! This round of Fast Draft has been pretty slow, but I'm hoping to pick up momentum. I've been a little stuck lately myself, but hopefully between Fast Draft and flash fiction, I can get back into a creative groove.

    Thanks for the shoutout, too! See you on fb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Alexa. Even if you're not precisely "up to speed," it sounds like you're making real headway and that's the whole idea, right? Write on!

      Delete