Monday, March 11, 2013

MONDAY FORTUNE COOKIE, 3/11/13

Don't dish it out if you can't eat it.

SNARKY RESPONSE:  But if you sit down to my table, you'll jolly well eat what I put on the plate.


Don't dish it out if you can't eat it.

Also don't ask me why, but today seemed like a good day to do a couple of long overdue reviews,  and I'm sharing them here. I enjoy Goodreads, but frankly, I read so many books and so fast, that I forget to go back and update. So today, I spent some time doing my Goodreads duty and here's what I "dished out."


BOOMERANG BRIDE
By Fiona Lowe

I downloaded BOOMERANG BRIDE expecting a fun, fluffy bit of reading. An intriguing hook - Matilda Geoffrey leaves Australia to marry the man of her dreams only to discover that he doesn't exist. Or at least, not the man she thought he was. I'm thinking something like Runaway Bride in reverse. However, BOOMERANG BRIDE proved to be so much more. Yes, Matilda's crash course in broken dreams is there. Yes, discovered romance with Marc Olsen is there. However, there is much much more to discover about both Matilda and Marc, their families, and the community of Hobin, Wisconsin. Multiple plots weave seamlessly, realistic characters inhabit the page, and all the tropes you want in a romance are presented with a refreshing voice. I don't believe in spoilers, but I do believe in recommendations, and I recommend BOOMERANG BRIDE!




FRONT PAGE FATALITY
by LynDee Walker*

FRONT PAGE FATALITY introduces a determined crime reporter, Nichelle Clarke, who is pursuing her dream to become an investigative reporter by paying her dues at the Richmond Telegraph in Richmond, VA. Smart, dedicated, and competitive, Nichelle works hard to build her byline and keep her stories on the front page. You just have to admire a character who can do all this while wearing designer stilettos. FRONT PAGE FATALITY is a well-crafted mystery filled with fun quirks, unexpected turns, and a cast of characters in all meanings of the term. I encourage you to read FRONT PAGE FATALITY.

*LynDee Walker is a local author and a delightful person. The buy link is to a wonderful local bookstore, Fountain Bookstore, who, I'm told, also has autographed copies.

I hope you'll consider these two books, and if you do (or have), please let me know what you thought.




Currently, I'm in the throes (sometimes quite literally) of reading ILLICIT IMPULSE by another local author and besty, Alexa Day. I plan to share a review of this steamy read in the very near future.


And finally, a personal note. Authors live and die by sales and those sales are often driven by reviews. If you've read my latest release, COLLECTOR'S ITEM, I'd appreciate it if you'd share a review on Goodreads or Amazon.com.

If you haven't downloaded it yet, here's the link:
www.collectorsitembook.com

Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Came to find your blog after you left a comment at my place ;-) Nice to meet you!

    Interesting books you've listed - will need to check them out. Especially yours ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Katie! Nice to meet you as well. Hope you enjoy these books as much as I did. (mine as well LOL)

      Delete