Wednesday, January 30, 2013

OOO, SHINY!




Thank you, Alexa Day, for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blog Award. She and I are happy dancing these days with shiny new books coming out. Alexa's Illicit Impulse will be released by Ellora's Cave on March 1st.

So, in keeping with the rules of the award, here are seven things about me.

1.    Seven is actually my lucky number. It appears in so many ways in my life that it's positively spooky.
2.    I firmly believe that my home is not a home without a cat. I believe this was actually something I said when I was a teenager and we were catless. The wonderful thing was that not long thereafter, my mom surprised us with a kitten.
3.    If I could visit any historical person in history, my first choice would be Elizabeth I. She was an amazing (and probably terrifying) woman making her mark in a man's world. Such a mixture of majesty and tragedy.
4.    I have "a need for speed." Just ask any of my coworkers. We went go-karting and I tore UP that track. It amazed folks how competitive and focused I was behind that wheel. I dream of being able to take a powerful car (no specific model, just FAST) out on the salt flats and floor it!
5.    It's impossible for me not to sing along with the radio. Sorry.
6.    I'm terrified of heights. I do okay if I'm enclosed, but open air and, heaven forbid, without a railing, I'm a shivering wreck.
7.    If I were given a free trip to anywhere in the world, I'd choose the British Isles.

So, here are my nominees for this prestigious award. Please give them a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment