Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I'm A Winner!


Because I recognized my chances of adding much more to my NaNoWriMo opus were moot, I went ahead and cashed in my chips. I let their robo-counter tally my winning words and ShaZaam! I'm a Winner!

My NaNoWriMo novel is a fantasy--my spin on Beauty and the Beast, called Beau and the Beast. In my case, Beau is the "beauty" and my heroine, a shapechanger, is the Beast. (I'm still toying with trying to do a contemporary piece that I can title Beau and the Bitch--LOL--I'm officially staking my claim on that title) 

I ended up with 53,682 words. Oh, the story's not finished and it's far from Ready for Prime Time, but it's 53,000+ words strong and that's what mattered for this goal.

It's been great fun competing, er, writing with my friends and sharing all our woes and victories along the way. Online Sprints helped tremendously, but as my husband is quick to point out--None of this would have been possible without my vacation last week.

Good luck to all my NaNoWriMo buddies. May we all end the month with our badges and partying down at the TGIO Party, wherever that may be.

Oh, and my DoNoWriMo friends, I hope I can weasel in on that donut party.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! Congratulations! I'm not even going to say how jealous I am that I didn't get past 10K, for the second year in a row! :-) I admire your tenacity.

    ReplyDelete